Make Time for Gratitude
by ActionCoach PJ Weiland
“Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude
for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” — Zig Ziglar
Why Is Gratitude Important?
Studies show there are many benefits to acknowledging our blessings and expressing gratitude to others. Here are just a few:
- Shields you from negativity
- Giving thanks can make you at least 25% happier
- Rewires our brain to see gratitude
- Eliminates stress
- Heals our sense of being injured
- Improves sleep quality
- Boosts your self-esteem
- Enhances the law of attraction: we are naturally attracted to those who show kindness.
- Improves your relationships with others at work and in your personal life
- Saying thank you motivates others to perform better
Ways to Cultivate Gratitude
You can practice gratitude in your daily life in so many ways. Test one or more of these techniques and stick with the ones that work best for you. Once you’ve made gratitude a habit, you’ll find this mindset and way of life comes effortlessly.
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Write a thank-you note
- Acknowledge thoughtful acts of others
- Volunteer your time to help others
- Contribute to a cause in honor of someone you appreciate
- Start your meetings by recognizing the contributions of your team
- Make time to appreciate the outdoors through hikes, bicycle rides or even drives through a natural setting
I’m Grateful for YOU!
Among the many blessings I’m grateful for this year is the opportunity to connect with you and participate with your business. I’m inspired daily by your dedication and willingness to challenge yourself to succeed.
Coach Weiland is a regular contributor to the ActionCOACH.com blog. If you would like to learn more about her business you will find her website here https://www.business-prophet.com/